16.5.08

So Close!


I'm not sure I can explain how excited and nervous I am about this weekend. There are so many things I feel I am going to be completely surprised by. I think whether or not I make it the whole 39.3 miles, I will be surprised by how far I do make it. I think I will be surprised by how incredible the whole experience is going to be. We have already made it so far, raising over $10,500 to fight Breast Cancer, but the fundraising was really just the beginning. The experiences I will have this weekend will not be able to be described and I am so incredibly lucky to be able to experience something like this. I love being part of something bigger than myself and this weekend I will be surrounded by 3,000 people who all share my passion for making a difference in the world. There will be tears, yes, but I know they will all be good tears and that the "heaviness" of the weekend will weight down on me in the form of complete gratitude for being able to be around such strong and inspiring people. I have been told that there are women who walk who are going through Chemo right now. That idea alone makes me want to cry. There is no reason I can't complete the 39.3 miles compared to someone who just came from the hospital. There are men who walk for their wives, or daughters, or mothers, and I will certainly cry for them as well. I am incredibly passionate about this cause but it can't compare to those who have lived it or have watched someone suffer because of it. If any of you are reading this, you are in my heart this weekend and always.

I can't wait to update my blog with pictures and memories of this weekend and share with you a little bit about what it was like. On that note, I encourage everyone to become involved in a charity of your choice. It's the most rewarding experience and I know you won't regret a it for a minute. Also, if you think you can't do it, you can. Just believe me. You will muster up the courage to ask people for donations and to walk that extra mile on the treadmill because you know it will benefit everyone in the end. You will not love every minute of it, because it will be difficult at times, but the times that you will cherish will be the moments that make you feel that you have made a difference. Honestly, you can do it. No matter how crazy everyone thinks you are, you can.

So, talk to you all Monday. I won't be able to walk, but I will be able to type! I'll leave you with one last good (fingers crossed!) image of this weekend:

No comments:

 
Template design by Sharnee