3.4.08

Unbelievably Unbelievable

Today I had the pleasure of sending an email to my team to tell them how much money in donations we have so far. Now I get to tell you! The 5 of us have raised $7,462 so far! If we are all able to meet our goals (which we will!) our team will raise over $10,000 to help fight Breast Cancer! That is a lot of money! If someone handed you $10,000 right now, you would be THRILLED! You may even cry, because that much money can go a LONG way! Our team is doing amazing and I know we will be able to reach our goal and walk together in May. Only 43 days until the Walk! It's all really unbelievable when you think about it.

An update from home... Our friend's Mom who lives in Vermont had a masectomy this past Monday and is now home doing well. Please keep her in your thoughts as she recovers.

It is bittersweet to me that we are working so hard to fight this disease but we still have to deal with the pain it brings. There are too many people who know how real the struggle can be.

I recently added the date of the Walk to my weather.com page (I did this with my wedding day as well, but it didn't help to stop the rain, so I don't trust it that much.) It does say however, that the average high temperature for May 17th is 67 degrees and the average low is 51 degrees. I have my fingers crossed that it will not rain... which makes it quite difficult to type, but it's worth it if it helps! Everyone keep thinking "sun" and please don't remind me that it has snowed on Mother's Day in the past. I'm going to pretend that didn't actually happen.

No comments:

 
Template design by Sharnee