31.3.08

SCraPbooking the Walk

This weekend was incredibly overwhelming, but in a really good way. I can't count the number if ideas running through my head right now! I attended a scrapbooking show in Framingham, MA for store owners with my Mother-in-Law, Denise. The weekend (Friday-Sunday) was filled with classes and events about scrapbooking for retailers. As you may know, Jason's family owns an office supply store, The Front Desk, in Vermont and they have a scrapbooking section of their store (I just want to go on record saying that this section was in no way my idea regardless of any email I may have sent to said store owners.) Anywho, we were at the show getting some great ideas for classes and products and came back with some wonderful ideas and inspiration! The show was informative, creative, productive, and a bunch of other "ive" words all at once! (Denise would like to add the word 'expensive' to the list... we bought over $1,000 in new scrapbooking product for the store!) I can't tell you all how excited I am to make some samples, get some kits together, and head back up to the good ol' Northeast Kingdom to teach some classes using all these great products! After the Walk (which is consuming most of my time at the moment!) you can bet I will be visiting to teach some classes and attend some crops! To hold me over until I get to do that, I have combined two things I am passionate about and created this page using our team photo (click the image to view it larger.) I can't wait to take a million pictures and scrapbook the Walk!



Also stay tuned for a link to my NEW blog! It will showcase different projects every week including (but certainly not limited to) layouts, cards, mini scrapbooks, home decor projects, and tips and techniques to try yourself! I will be teaching classes at The Front Desk this summer and I will put up all our projects and materials you will need to complete them (all of which can be found at the store or your local scrapbooking store!) It will also have projects from Denise (my Mother-in-Law), Amanda (my Sister-in-Law) and Erin (my younger sister!) We all have VERY different styles so there will definitely be something for everyone! (Sorry, I sound a little like a used car commercial... it's early!)

I have to tell you, after going to this show (and a couple others in the past) and this being my first year doing the Walk, I have noticed that it is possible that I am part of two of the most incredible networks of women (and men too!) All the walkers I have met so far, as well as the scrapbookers are such honest, hard-working, wonderful, friendly people! I consider myself very lucky to be a part of all this... (Also, it seems like all scrapbookers have a distinct laugh, like a cackle. It's hilarious to be in a room of scrapbookers and listen to them laugh!)

No comments:

 
Template design by Sharnee