5.3.08

Walking for Day in Different Shoes

Yesterday was a great day for Jason and I and our progress with the Walk! We went (with our team mate, Nicole) to buy sneakers for the Walk at Marathon Sports. In order to Walk and not get millions of blisters (I am aiming for under one thousand over the course of the weekend) and also so that your shoes aren't too tight and make your toenails fall off (AHH! Seriously, I do NOT want that to happen to me! EW!) you need to have shoes that fit your feet right. We walked into the store and told them we are participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and needed to be fitted for shoes. The employee who helped us was very knowlegable about the fitting process and had us take our shoes off and walk the length of the store so that she could see how we walked. At this point, where I took my shoes off, I realized something very embarassing. I was in a shoe store, about to be professionally fitted for sneakers so that I can walk 40 miles and I look down after taking my shoes off and see that the inside of the shoes I have been wearing all day are not the same color. Wait, what? That is weird. I look more closely and realize that I am wearing two different shoes. TWO DIFFERENT SHOES! They are both black, and the same type of dress shoe, but still completely different. This all took place after work at around 7:00 in the evening. The ENTIRE day I was wearing two completely different shoes and had no idea! Can you imagine? And of all places to be when I realize this I was at a SHOE STORE! Needless to say I went to bed early last night and I am hopefully giving off the impression today that I have regained knowledge about how to actually dress myself in the morning!

No comments:

 
Template design by Sharnee