19.2.08

13 Penguins-a-Plunging

My husband and I drove the 4 hours (multiplied by holiday weekend traffic, jetlag, and sickness = 7 hours) home to Vermont Friday night for a special event held in Newport at Lake Memphremagog every winter. My sister wanted to make sure that we visited this weekend because she committed to fundraise for the Vermont Special Olympics and (I'm serious here...) jump in the lake! What's more amazing is that there are A LOT of people who do this! That amounts to a lot of money donated to the Special Olympics as well as a lot of cold people! I'm so proud of her for doing something so meaningful and for such a good cause. I think that deep down, my family is very charitable (not to mention a little crazy! Have I told you that my husband, sister-in-law, and I are all walking?) We debated back and forth about which is crazier, jumping in a lake in the dead of winter, or walking 40 miles! We'll see what happens because she wants to walk with me next year and I told her I would do the Penguin Plunge with her. I think we may be equally crazy now... But hey, it's fun and both are for a wonderful cause. To her credit though, it was twenty degrees outside and she did this in her bathing suit!

To find out more about the Special Olympics and to make a donation please visit: www.vtso.org
For more information on the Penguin Plunge please visit: www.penguinplunge.org

No comments:

 
Template design by Sharnee