7.2.08

The journey begins...

The story begins with a simple text message on a typical Monday morning...

Lisa: Hey sam, you want to walk 40 miles with me for Breast Cancer?
Sam: Are you crazy? I can't walk 40 miles, I will die!
Lisa: No you won't, 40 miles is nothing. Do it!
Sam: Ok!
Lisa: Awesome! Let's save some boobs!

So, I registered a few days after this conversation and here I am now, a week later, sore from training and thinking up a million different ways I can possibly raise $1,800 in the next 3 months! All with my buddy Lisa to thank!

Personally, this cause has effected me somewhat distantly. I feel incredibly blessed that I have not had to see someone I love fight this disease. Breast Cancer does however run in my family. My great grandmother was a survivor and my cousin is also a survivor. This disease has certainly effected many people I care about, even though I have not seen the struggle it caused. (I was too young to remember.)

I have been training nearly every day (when I don't do yoga) and making a bunch of different crafts to help in my fundraising efforts. I have so many ideas for bracelets, keychains, knitted items, and a whole bunch of other potentially great things to fundraise with!

I started a team shortly after registering and recruited my sister-in-law to join as well. Her way of doing things is to jump in head first without looking and (as expected) she signed up yesterday and already raised over $75.00! Go AmandaLynne! My friend Nicole is deep into fundraising as well and is always at the gym training lately. She participated in a 7 mile long training walk which she completed no problem a few weekends ago! My team is doing very well! Together we have to raise a total of $7,200 to participate in the walk! It's a lot of money, but there is no doubt in my mind we can do it! Please check back often for updates on our journey! We named our team ^^Twin Peaks^^ and are so excited to be working toward this together!

No comments:

 
Template design by Sharnee