11.2.08

Getting even MORE excited!

I am so excited about the fundraising I will be doing this week! I am relying on a lot of people (some of them I have never even met!) to help me reach my goal. I am going to be sending out letters to family members and friends, a mass email to just about everyone I know, and emails to people who have blogs which I read to ask if they can possibly post something about my fundraising on their sites. I am excited but also nervous because I really want to reach my goal. I often get it in my head that people don't want to donate and that it is too much of a hassle. I think I really need to remind myself that everyone wants to help, they just need to be asked! That's how I am anyway. I will give money to a great cause if I know it will benefit a lot of people, and I think most people feel the same way.

This week my husband is gone to Geneva on business so I am going to be a jewelry (and other cool items too!) making machine! I will be posting pictures and prices of the items I am making on my fundraising blog (http://walking40foracurefundraising.blogspot.com, or click on the link to the right) so stay tuned for a bunch of goodies! All money donated from these items will go directly to the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I am donating my time as well as materials for these items. That's right, 100% of the price of the items go to the walk.

Training this weekend was not as successful as I would have liked it to be. I am going to go ahead and blame it on the fact that it was SO cold in Boston, however to be honest I wasn't very motivated to train either. We mostly stayed in and I made a bunch of items for fundraising. :-) Stan says that total steps for the weekend was 4142... (I told you it was bad!)

No comments:

 
Template design by Sharnee